Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Oprah Has A Saying...

She says that when you make a commitment to do something the universe will put obstacles in your way to test that commitment.  Well, the universe proved Oprah right.  I dutifully made a meal plan and shopped last Saturday.  I even actually made it to the farmers market!  I was all set to spend time on Sunday cooking up a storm as I knew I had a busy week ahead of me and I don't particularly care for weeknight cooking even under the best of circumstances.  Then, on Sunday afternoon I opened my fridge to find a thermostat that read 70 degrees.  Now, it wasn't actually 70 degrees, but it was warming rapidly.  Although it started working again about an hour later, I was loathe to cook up a bunch of pricey ingredients when I wasn't sure I was going to have anyplace to store them.  Of course, the repairman couldn't come until the next day.  Now, the good news is that my fridge is now fixed (after a missing half a day of work and shelling out $325 to replace the motherboard - who even knew refrigerators had motherboards??).  But the bad news is that I've been working late all week, so finding time to cook just ain't gonna happen.  So, this week is a loss.  But I won't let one bad week deter me.  I'll be back on track come Saturday.  And that's a commitment.  >:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment